Account Services Desk, Library Cards, Pay Fines, Learn about E-pay (online payment system), Holds Shelf, (2) Self Checkout Stations, Information Services Desk, Computers & Printers, Administrative Offices, Copier/Scanner
Children's Department, Self Checkout Station, Program/Storytime Room, Computers with Internet or Just Games, Black & white & Color Printers, Peek-A-Book Station, Play Area, Display Case, Meeting Room
Ruth Wendt Gallery
The Ruth Wendt Gallery
The purpose of the Ruth M. Wendt Gallery, located on the main level of the Dundee Library, is to provide a space for local artists and collectors to exhibit their works and collections for the viewing enjoyment of all members of the community.
The Ruth M. Wendt Gallery was established in honor of Ruth Miller Wendt (1905-1968), a book-loving member of the Dundee Township community who served on the library’s board of directors from 1937 until 1963.
Mrs. Wendt has been long remembered for her work in getting the library moved to larger facilities. Her work on behalf of the board in the 1950’s led to the Dundee Library’s move to the Brinkerhoff-Hall house on West Main Street in West Dundee in 1962. It became the first building owned by the Dundee Township Public Library.
Please note the following guidelines if you are interested in submitting artwork for the gallery:
- Although open to the general public, preference will be given to the artist/collector who resides in the Fox River Valley Public Library District (FRVPLD).
- No charge is made for use of the gallery art wall and/or other display areas.
- Please consider the audience when selecting pieces. The audience includes persons of all ages and backgrounds. The library reserves the right to decide what material is hung in the gallery.
- Each artist will be asked to provide a bio sheet and photo to be used in the Ruth Wendt Gallery sign holder.
- All exhibits are to be hung in a finished state and neatly framed. Wire hangers work best with our gallery system. The artist/collector is responsible for providing the artwork already framed. Hanging of the display will be the responsibility of the library. If the removal date is not honored it may be necessary for FRVPLD staff to remove the display. The FRVPLD is not responsible for the condition of the materials so removed.
- The FRVPLD will not act as an agent or buyer in the sale of items. Price lists may be made available at the Information Services Desk at the expense of the artist/collector.
- Insurance coverage is not provided by the FRVPLD. Damages and/or loss of items are the sole responsibility of the owner.
- The FRVPLD may use the artist/collectors’ name, the name of the exhibiting group and other posted information for press releases, the FRVPLD newsletter, website, and other FRVPLD related publicity.
- Exhibition schedules and exhibit space allotted shall be determined by the FRVPLD. The FRVPLD reserves full rights to decide what will be considered an appropriate exhibit, when it will be exhibited, and in what manner.
If you would like to display items please contact Kirstin Finneran, Public Relations, at (847) 428-3661, ext. 5834 or email@example.com.