Currently there are a variety of open positions at Deerfield Public Library. Please watch for more information.
Support Services Clerk
Support Services Clerk – Deerfield Public Library Part time – 20 hours per week
Are you detail-oriented? Interested in seeing first-hand all the new materials we are acquiring, and quickly get them ready for our patrons to use? Will you carefully repair worn items so they can continue to be enjoyed? Can you accurately withdraw used materials from the catalog and prepare them for reuse? Are you perfectly happy working behind the scenes, out of the public eye?
Support Services is looking for a part time Clerk to help with the timely processing of materials.
This position requires a high level of accuracy, and strong competencies with library system and RFID technologies.
Some sample responsibilities:
1. Performs accurate materials receiving and processing for the library by unpacking, sorting, labeling, repackaging and covering material as needed.
2. Performs prompt, necessary and appropriate repair of library material to ensure good stewardship of library resources.
3. Dispatches all material in a timely manner to ensure prompt availability.
4. Performs accurate security tagging of materials to ensure optimal use of self-check stations and automated material handling system.
5. Maintains the integrity of the collection by contacting patrons for missing discs, cases and booklets.
6. Performs accurate recording of periodical material for timely availability to the public.
7. Evaluates RFID exceptions and assures items are returned to lending libraries.
8. Prepares withdrawn material for dispersal and maintains accurate catalog records appropriately.
Starting salary is $11.64 per hour.
Interested? Send cover letter and resume via email to Library Director Mary Pergander at email@example.com. The Clerk will report to the new Head of Support Services, who arrives December 6.
Digital Communications Coordinator
Are you a creative and tech-savvy individual with great skills and strategic vision to match? Are you eager to help direct the library towards successful new digital communications initiatives?
The winner of this exciting new position, at our new and improved library, will guide us in providing a clear and consistent message to the community by creating and managing content for our various digital channels. The Digital Communications Coordinator will play a vital role in defining our voice and how that voice is presented to patrons by designing creative materials, coordinating social media campaigns, utilizing and updating the library website, implementing digital marketing campaigns, and guiding us towards new and emerging technologies.
We’re waiting on a talented individual to help us take that next step; if you’re up for the challenge we want to hear from you!
Please see the full job description for more information regarding qualifications and experience.
Essential skills include:
-Strong writing and editing skills
-Basic web programming HTML/CSS
-Multimedia production and/or graphic design experience
-Interest and familiarity with social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
Submit cover letter and resume to Tom Owen, Head of Information Technology
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Status: Full Time / 37.5 hours per week
Starting Salary: $35,000
Looking for a job outside Deerfield Public Library?
These brochures can help you with tips and resources for crafting the perfect resume and cover letter, prepare for an interview, or provide online sources to start your search! Requires Adobe Acrobat (PDF format) which you may dowload here.