Currently there are a variety of open positions at Deerfield Public Library. Please watch for more information.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual that has a passion for getting materials out to our patrons as soon as possible. If you are always on the move, and like to ensure that materials are in the correct location, this is a great opportunity to let your skills shine.
Requirements include the ability to sort materials alphabetically and using the Dewey Decimal System, the ability to work independently, familiarity with computer operation, and the ability to push or pull carts weighing 50+ pounds. Requires the full range of body motion, including standing, sitting, bending, stooping, reaching, and walking for extended periods. Must be 16 years old or older. This is a year round position.
Salary: $ 8.76 per hour
Hours: 15 per week
Days: Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Mondays, 9 am- 2 pm
Thursdays, 9 am- 2 pm
Saturdays, 9 am- 2 pm
Mondays, 9 am- 2 pm
Wednesdays, 9 am- 2 pm
Fridays, 1 pm- 6 pm
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to:
Sayaka Suzuki, Assistant Patron Services Manager/Page Supervisor
Application Deadline: Open until the positions are filled
Patron Services Assistant
You make the patron’s experience at the library by greeting people with a smile and welcoming them into our exciting new library.
- You provide warm and friendly service both in person and on the phone.
- You provide an outstanding library experience to everyone by assisting them with self-checkout, library card registration or help them with a fee.
- You are more than comfortable with computers and technology; you can help our library users with their basic computer needs as well as anticipate programs or apps that may be better suited for them, including: e-mail, answering Microsoft product questions, navigating the Internet as well as helping with printing and copying.
- You coordinate the opening and closing of the library; you are here on time and ready to work. When we open our doors, the library is neat, organized and ready for the day.
- You recommend the promotions, programs and services available at the library.
- You are scrupulously careful handling cash transactions for our patrons.
- You do the right thing; other tasks may be required to ensure excellent service to our community.
Your job will involve your being "on the move” in our library: You will stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Please see the full job description for more information regarding qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: open until position is filled
Adult Services- Multimedia Assistant (Part-Time)
We are seeking a service-oriented individual with a passion for movies, music, and games to join our busy Adult Services Department. Responsibilities include listening and viewing advisory, assisting librarians with selection of new materials, and creating and maintaining displays. For a full job description, click here.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to
Looking for a job outside Deerfield Public Library?
These brochures can help you with tips and resources for crafting the perfect resume and cover letter, prepare for an interview, or provide online sources to start your search! Requires Adobe Acrobat (PDF format) which you may dowload here.